REC Solar’s Sustainability Scholarship
REC Solar was founded in 1997 by a duo of dreamers from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, a leading university within the California State University program. REC Solar believes that the college students of today are the renewable energy advocates and innovators of tomorrow. In order to promote discussion about the importance of renewable energy and its role in providing a sustainable future, REC Solar is offering a $1,500 Sustainability Scholarship this fall to one student in the California State University (CSU) school system. All entries are due by December 31st, 2017. (Note: This date is an extension of our original due date because of demand and student requests.) If you know a student attending a CSU, have them apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Topic: The Value of Sustainability
In 1,000 words or less, describe:
- What sustainability means to you
- Creative ways any sized business can incorporate sustainability initiatives
- Your take on how a modern business can generate value from their sustainability efforts
Details of Participation:
- Must be a current and enrolled student of a CSU or incoming freshman starting in Fall 2017
- Submissions must be made or postmarked by 11:59 PM on December 31st, 2017.
- By submitting a response, participants grant REC Solar the right to promote the content and ideas in each submission
- All specific research must contain properly cited sources and any plagiarized content will be disqualified
- All submissions must be made via email or mail to:
3450 Broad St.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401