Commercial Solar for Sacramento, CA
Looking for an experienced commercial solar provider in Sacramento who specializes in energy solutions for agriculture, schools, and businesses? REC Solar is California’s premier commercial solar contractor and has been helping businesses achieve energy independence for over two decades. Unlike most solar companies who service the Central Valley, we offer qualified experience in financing, engineering design, workplace safety, quality, and maintenance – all under one roof.
Watch this brief video to learn more about our approach.
Request A Consultation: Call 844.732.7652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Solar Client Examples
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPA): REC Solar designs, installs and operates a solar system for our clients. The customer buys the power from REC Solar for a predetermined fixed rate that is lower than the local utility’s retail rate, providing cheaper power for the customer while leaving the process of operating the system to REC Solar.
- Lease Programs: Our solar leasing programs are tailored specifically to the financial capacity, objectives, and investment goals of your business.
- Cash or Loan: For local companies looking to own their solar system outright, a cash purchase has a high return on investment and allows the business to take advantage of the Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) program. If you are taking out a loan, REC Solar has approved lending partners or can work with your existing lender.
ITC stands for Investment Tax Credit. A tax credit is not a tax deduction. With a tax deduction, you deduct some amount off your gross income to determine your taxable base income. A tax credit is a better option for businesses because it can be used to pay off your owed federal taxes (sort of like receiving an IRS gift card). Read more about the 30% Federal ITC.
California SCE Rates – If you’re a California-based business or a non-profit, your utility rate can be a crucial factor in your overall annual savings from installing solar. Thanks to a 2014 settlement between solar advocates and the Southern California Edison (SCE) utility, commercial businesses and non-profits that go solar in SCE territory will once again be able to select the financially advantageous “Option R” Time of Use (TOU) rate that has been limited. Read more about SCE rates.
Solar Renewable Energy Credits – SRECs are a tradable commodity that you obtain from owning a solar panel system or other source of renewable energy such as wind. Because of a common state requirement known as the Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS), utilities in 30 different states must generate a certain percentage of their energy from renewable sources (typically at least 20 percent). Solar homeowners and commercial businesses in RPS states can earn one SREC for every 1000 kilowatt hours (kWh) generated by their solar PV system. Read more about SRECs.
- Preventative PV system maintenance
- Warranty administration
- Module washing
- Vegetation control
- Accelerated field response
- Curve tracing
- Infrared tools for diagnosing issues
- System monitoring
- Dashboards: internal and customer facing (for marketing)
- Mobile data access
- 3rd-party system commissioning
- DAS/SCADA upgrades
- Inverter replacement
- Module replacement
- Reroofing support