Reducing Our Impact Throughout Our Business
In all stages of our business we strive to minimize our impact on the environment.
Supply Chain Selection
Materials used in most projects come from suppliers that meet our stringent sustainability and quality criteria. They are:
- Rated by independent parties for sustainability efforts
- Built with sustainable manufacturing processes (reduced waste, water use and raw material consumption)
When building projects, we leverage:
- Onsite recycling
- Vehicle usage restrictions to reduce idling, etc. No import/no export abilities
- Environmental impact assessments (where needed)
- Storm water pollution prevention program
Corporate Office Policies
Policies in our offices include:
- Sustainable light fixtures and “turn them off” policy
- Hybrid vehicles for sales and project personnel
- Refillable water stations
- Green cleaning
REC Solar Supported Causes
We do our best to give back to the communities we live in, and the communities our customers are based in. Examples include:
LOW INCOME ENERGY
We participate in solar installations for low income San Luis Obispo County families through Grid Alternatives, because we think energy choice should be available to everyone.
We prioritize youth education by offering support for onsite programs and curriculum, like this Earth Day kids book.
PAID TIME OFF FOR CAUSES
We empower our employees to help others by giving them paid time off to participate in volunteer opportunities in our communities.
DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
Curriculum development and training on renewable energy topics for schools and public sector customers is available.
We volunteer with and sponsor causes our customers care about, like Tour de Fresh.